Firefighters called to Cambridge John Lewis
PUBLISHED: 13:21 23 February 2017 | UPDATED: 13:22 23 February 2017
An electrical fire was sparked in the middle of the night.
Crews were called at 12.17am this morning to an automatic fire alarm coming from the Clarins Day Spa next to John Lewis in Cambridge.
On arrival it was discovered this was a fire. Although the fire was contained to a room within the day spa, a sprinkler head had activated in the John Lewis store.
While some firefighters dealt with the fire, others began a salvage operation to remove stock from the basement of John Lewis to prevent it from being damaged by water.
Three crews – two from Cambridge and one from Cottenham – dealt with the incident using hose reels and a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear smoke.
The fire was accidental, caused by an electrical fault. Crews had all returned to their stations by 4.50am.