Firefighters tackle chip pan fire at Cambridge flat

PUBLISHED: 10:25 08 November 2018 | UPDATED: 10:25 08 November 2018

Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue

Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue

ILIFFE

Firefighters tackled a chip pan fire at a flat in Cambridge last night (Wednesday, November 7).

Two crews from Cambridge were called to the flat on Milton Road shortly before 10pm.

They found a chip pan on fire in the kitchen of the property.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a CO2 extinguisher, hose reel and jet to the blaze out.

They then used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the smoke.

Crews returned to their station by 11.05pm. The cause of the fire was accidental.

Firefighters also tackled a fire in a bin chute at a property on Cockerell Road, Cambridge, at 7.02pm.

They used one hose reel to extinguish the fire before returning to their station by 7.45pm.

comments powered by Disqus

More news stories

Live Traffic Map

Most read stories

Image alt text goes here

Find the perfect role for you – or advertise a vacancy

Find out more

Image alt text goes here

Search for your next home – and read our sparkling content

Find out more

Image alt text goes here

Share your news, pictures and videos with us

Find out more