Lucky escape for man and baby after kitchen fire in South Cambs

PUBLISHED: 17:31 19 December 2016 | UPDATED: 17:45 19 December 2016

Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue

Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue

ILIFFE

Baby’s plastic feeding tray left on hot hob

A man and baby had a lucky escape after leaving a plastic feeding tray on a hot hob.

A crew from Cambridge was called to a kitchen fire in Button End and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel and a positive pressure ventiliation fan to extinguish the smoke and clear it from the kitchen and dining room areas of the house.

Crew Commander Scott Newbon said: “A dad had been feeding his baby and in the rush to leave had left the hob on and the plastic feeding tray from the child’s seat on top. He was extremely lucky it wasn’t more serious.”

He added that the fire had caused smoke damage to the kitchen and dining room but had not spread to the rest of the house as the man had shut the doors when leaving.

comments powered by Disqus

More news stories

Live Traffic Map

Most read stories

Image alt text goes here

Find the perfect role for you – or advertise a vacancy

Find out more

Image alt text goes here

Search for your next home – and read our sparkling content

Find out more

Image alt text goes here

Share your news, pictures and videos with us

Find out more