All the winners of SME Cambridgeshire Business Awards 2018
Intelligent Fingerprinting takes overall award
From pubs to high-tech companies, they represent the best of Cambridgeshire’s small and medium-sized enterprises.
The winners of the SME Cambridgeshire Business Awards, organised by Events & PR and supported by the Cambridgeshire Independent, were unveiled at Newmarket Racecourse.
Intelligent Fingerprinting, the Impington-based company that has developed fingerprint-based drug testing, was named overall winner and also took home the Anglia Ruskin University Business Innovation award.
CEO Gerry Walker said the company was “proud” of the wins.
“Cambridgeshire is recognised as a great location for biotech companies, and a fantastic place for an innovative medical device diagnostics company such as Intelligent Fingerprinting to build its business,” he added.
The Cambridge Independent High Growth Business of the Year went to Cambridge Nutraceuticals, which secured a £1,000 advertising package with the newspaper. The Cambridge company also secured the St James’s Place Wealth Management Service Excellence award.
Sawston-based video production company Somersault Productions took home the Woodfines Business of the Year Less than 50 Employees award, while Kath Austin, of BeeBee Wraps, in Cambridge, took home the Entrepreneur of the Year title for her beeswax and organic cotton food wraps that provide a sustainable alternative to plastic.
Kath told the Cambridge Independent: “Winning Entrepreneur of the Year is a huge and wonderful surprise. The team and I are committed to our vision of cutting plastic pollution and reducing food waste for a more sustainable future. I would like to thank the judges for this award and for further highlighting our solution, one of many, to the plastic crisis.”
Impington-based WebWorksWell won the Aston Shaw Accountants Best New Business award.
The company, which offers web design, SEO and digital marketing services from its base in Highfield Road, said: “We are delighted. Thank you to our colleagues and clients for their support.”
WebWorksWell aims to help SMEs across Cambridgeshire and intends to open offices in every university city across the UK within 10 years.
Ely-based fashion, lifestyle and design marketplace OOSTOR.com won the My Mustard Website of the Year Award, with Cambridge’s OneSpaceMedia as runners-up.
Headlines sponsors for the awards were StanAir, which provides industrial door services, and Newmarket Racecourses.
Winners of the awards now go through to the national finals of the SME Business Awards, due to be held at Wembley Stadium in London on December 7.
Regus Apprentice of the Year
• Winner – Daniel Lynch, Stainless Metalcraft (Chatteris)
• Runner-up – Zayd Choudhary, HiTeam
Aston Shaw Accountants Best New Business
• Winner - Web Works Well
• Runner-up – Perpetua In Perpetuum
Anglia Ruskin University Business Innovation
• Winner – Intelligent Fingerprinting
• Runner-up – PervasID
Woodfines Business of the Year - Less than 50 Employees
• Winner - Somersault Productions
• Runner-up – Citystay Limited
PEM Business of the Year - More than 50 Employees
• Winner – Complete IT
• Runner-up – Aston Shaw
Stanair Services Community Business of the Year
• Winner – Stainless Metalcraft (Chatteris)
• Runner-up – The Cambridge Roar
Ann Pettengell Employer of the Year
• Winner – Paydata
• Runner-up – Argents Salons
Scrutton Bland Entrepreneur of the Year
• Winner – Kath Austin, BeeBee Wraps
• Runner-up – Edward Williams, Elite Swimming Academy
Newmarket Racecourses Enterprising Business of the Year
• Winner – Realfit Centre
St James’s Place Wealth Management Service Excellence
• Winner – Cambridge Nutraceuticals
• Runner-up – Manchetts Rescue and Recovery
• Runner-up – Rydal Communications
The Green Award
• Winner – Manit Contractors
• Runner-up – Jefferies Farming Partners
My Mustard Website of the Year
• Winner – OOSTOR.com
• Runner-up – OneSpaceMedia
Lexus Cambridge Young Business Person of the Year
• Winner – Amy Barron, Limelight Entertainment
• Runner-up – Adil Khokhar, CBS Automotive
Quy Mill Not-For-Profit Business of the Year
• Winner – Arthur Rank Hospice Charity
• Runner-up – Cambridge Science Centre
Cambridge Independent High Growth Business of the Year
• Winner – Cambridge Nutraceuticals
Networking Group of the Year
• Winner – Grub Club Cambridge
• Runner-up – Cambridge Network
Best Customer Service
• Winner – English Rose Beauty House
• Runner-up – Citrus Rooms
Pub of the Year
• Winner – The Flying Pig
• Runner-up – Salisbury Arms
Restaurant of the Year
• Winner – Worzals
• Runner-up – The Oak Bistro
Read moreBusiness News
More by this authorPaul Brackley