Deadline looms for entry to 2021-22 Cambridge Independent Science and Technology Awards
After you’ve polished off the last of the mince pies and waved goodbye to the in-laws, then make the first of your new year’s resolutions to enter the Cambridge Independent Science and Technology Awards.
The looming deadline for entry to the awards is January 7, 2022.
This year, there are 15 categories to enter, covering a range of sectors from biotech and medtech to AI and cleantech.
Look out also for individual categories for Researcher of the Year, sponsored once again by AstraZeneca, and for CEO of the Year, sponsored by Bidwells. Individuals can nominate themselves in these categories or be nominated.
We have also introduced two new categories this year: The Enterprise Skills Award and Employer of the Year.
The Entrepreneurship Centre at Cambridge Judge Business School sponsors the Enterprise Skills Award, which will be awarded to an organisation that has demonstrated outstanding commitment to leadership or management training for its scientific and technical staff.
We know the business skills agenda is an important one for both deep tech science companies in the city and region, but also others who employ technical staff in other equally critical sectors, so this award aims to celebrate those who show commitment in this area.
Office and laboratory fit-out specialist COEL is sponsoring Employer of the Year. Demonstrate your commitment to your team, to corporate social responsibility and to the green agenda by entering this award, which will highlight an organisation or business within any field of science and technology that truly supports its employees and the wider community.
The awards represent the best of Cambridge science and technology for both emerging and established companies.
Start-up of the Year, sponsored by Kao Data, and The One to Watch, backed by cofinitive, will highlight achievements of companies in their earlier stages.
Meanwhile, the coveted awards in the broad categories of Technology Company of the Year – sponsored by the Faculty of Science and Engineering at Anglia Ruskin University – and Life Science Company of the Year, backed once again by Biostrata, will demonstrate the depth of talent in the region.
This year, sequencing specialist Illumina is sponsoring our Award for Innovation category, which will reward ingenuity in any science or technology sector, which could relate to an entirely new product or a fresh approach to an existing problem.
An independent panel of judges will determine the winners, who will be revealed in the spring.
Editor Paul Brackley said: “I’ve enjoyed seeing the entries come in for the awards so far, and look forward to reading more as we approach our deadline. These awards, now in their fifth year, have developed an international reputation thanks to the depth of talent on display.
“As we enter 2022, this is a great opportunity to celebrate the progress your team is making and to tell others about it. A shortlisting or an award in a city globally renowned for its prowess in science and technology is a badge of honour that tells your customers, peers and colleagues that you company is special. Don’t miss the chance – enter today.”
- Start-up of the Year sponsored by Kao Data
- STEM Initiative of the Year sponsored by CityFibre
- The Award for Innovation sponsored by Illumina
- Researcher of the Year sponsored by AstraZeneca
- The Tech for Good Award sponsored by Allia Future Business Centre
- The One to Watch sponsored by cofinitive
- The Enterprise Skills Award sponsored by Entrepreneurship Centre at Cambridge Judge Business School
- Cleantech Company of the Year sponsored by Woodfines
- Employer of the Year sponsored by COEL
- Biotech Company of the Year sponsored by Chesterford Research Park
- Medtech Company of the Year sponsored by Sagentia Innovation
- AI Company of the Year sponsored by Appleyard Lees
- CEO of the Year sponsored by Bidwells
- Technology Company of the Year sponsored by the Faculty of Science and Technology, Anglia Ruskin University
- Life Science Company of the Year sponsored by Biostrata
For full details and the rules, see the entry form.