Don’t miss our 9-page celebration of the finalists in the Cambridge Independent Science and Technology Awards 2020
The finalists for the Cambridge Independent Science and Technology Awards 2020 are revealed in a special 9-page section inside this week’s paper, published on Wednesday November 11, and in the shops all week.
It represents an incredible array of talent from the Cambridge area in fields from biotech and medtech to AI and cleantech. There are categories for Researcher of the Year and CEO of the Year, plus a new Covid-19 Response Award.
Find out who is in the running for Life Science Company of the Year and Technology Company of the Year, and who could win the Award for Innovation.
In our Tech for Good category, we explore companies make positive use of technology.
The Start-up of the Year category is alway hotly contested, with astonishing entries, while the One to Watch award identifies those that could be the next big thing.
And look out for STEM Initiative of the Year, a fascinating category that highlights efforts to promote learning and careers in science, technology, engineering and maths - helping to create the entrepreneurs and leaders of tomorrow.
We also reveal details of a new £1,500 prize from Appleyard Lees in the supplement.
Editor Paul Brackley said: “More than 60 companies and individuals - selected from hundreds of entries - are shortlisted for awards across 14 categories. We have summarised, from more than 60,000 words on their entries, the extraordinary achievements and innovations of these finalists in our special awards section. It is an inspiring read.
“We are grateful for the support of our sponsors, which enable us to hold these awards. They really are a celebration of Cambridge ingenuity.”
Normally, the awards ceremony would take place in the autumn, but Covid-19 enforced its postponement this year. So now the winners of the awards - which are in their fourth year - will be announced early in 2021, with details of the ceremony and format to be confirmed soon.
You can pick up a copy of the Cambridge Independent from newsagents and supermarkets across the region.
You can also purchase an e-edition from our website - or, better still, sign up for our digital subscription package and enjoy the full page-turning electronic edition of the Cambridge Independent every week on your laptop, desktop PC, phone and tablet, and get our IM app too.
All the categories and our sponsors
- Start-up of the Year, sponsored by Kao Data
- Covid-19 Response Award sponsored by Sagentia
- STEM Initiative of the Year, sponsored by MathWorks
- The Award for Innovation, sponsored by Cambridge Precision Ltd
- Researcher of the Year, sponsored by AstraZeneca
- The Tech for Good Award, sponsored by Allia Future Business Centre Cambridge
- The One to Watch, sponsored by Cofinitive
- Cleantech Company of the Year, sponsored by Woodfines Solicitors
- Biotech Company of the Year, sponsored by Appleyard Lees
- Medtech Company of the Year, sponsored by Chesterford Research Park
- AI Company of the Year, sponsored by the Entrepreneurship Centre at Cambridge Judge Business School
- CEO of the Year, sponsored by Tilney
- Technology Company of the Year, sponsored by the Faculty of Science and Engineering at Anglia Ruskin University
- Life Science Company of the Year, sponsored by BioStrata
Sign up for our weekly newsletter and stay up to date with the latest Cambridge science and technology news