Make 2023 a winning year by entering the Cambridge Independent Science and Technology Awards
The new year brings a new opportunity to showcase your work through the Cambridge Independent Science and Technology Awards 2023.
Entry to the awards closes on January 27, so it’s time to work on your submissions.
This year, the awards - which will take place in spring - feature 15 categories that are open for public entry, ranging from Start-up of the Year, sponsored by Kao Data, to Life Science Company of the Year, backed by Zyme Communications.
There are two categories for individuals - Researcher of the Year, supported by AstraZeneca, and the hotly-contested CEO of the Year, won in 2022 by bit.bio’s Mark Kotter. Individuals can enter themselves or be nominated by a colleague.
Editor Paul Brackley said: “It’s wonderful to read the entries coming in and to hear about the amazing achievements of companies, organisations and individuals in the Cambridge region across fields from cleantech to AI.
“The awards are now in their sixth year, and have become a highlight of the calendar.
“We love to celebrate the success of the region’s science and technology sectors, which in many respects are world-leading.”
Winning one of the awards is not only a great way to give employees a pat on the back, but also to broaden interest in your achievements - and perhaps even attract new staff or investment.
Entrants can enter more than one category via one form, or submit more than one form if you wish to tailor your entry to the category criteria.
Candidates shortlisted by our judging panel will be entitled to two free tickets to the awards night, which features a drinks and canapes reception, followed by a ceremony and further networking.
One award is not open for public entry - the In Search of Wonder Lifetime Achievement Award, sponsored by JDJ Creative, will be determined by a dedicated panel.
Look out for further announcements about the awards night soon.
If you have any questions, or wish to get involved, simply email email@example.com.
- Start-up of the Year, sponsored by Kao Data
- STEM Initiative of the Year, sponsored by Cambridge Science Park
- Researcher of the Year, sponsored by AstraZeneca
- The Enterprise Skills Award, sponsored by the Entrepreneurship Centre at Cambridge Judge Business School
- The Award for Innovation
- The Tech for Good Award, sponsored by Allia Future Business Centre Cambridge
- The One to Watch, sponsored by cofinitive
- Cleantech Company of the Year, sponsored by Woodfines Solicitors
- CEO of the Year, sponsored by Mission Street
- Biotech Company of the Year, sponsored by Appleyard Lees
- Medtech Company of the Year, sponsored by Sagentia Innovation
- AI Company of the Year, sponsored by Chesterford Research Park
- Employer of the Year, sponsored by COEL
- Technology Company of the Year, sponsored by the Faculty of Science and Engineering at Anglia Ruskin University
- Life Science Company of the Year, sponsored by Zyme Communications
- In Search of Wonder Lifetime Achievement Award, sponsored by JDJ Creative
Simply visit our awards page to enter by 11pm on January 27, 2023.