A-Level Results Day 2019: The Perse School full results
There were congratulations for The Perse Upper Sixth students whose results were “the product of dedicated study and excellent teaching”.
Some 179 students secured a total of 590 A level and Pre U grades with 48.5 per cent of entries being graded A* and 79 per cent A*-A (or the Pre U equivalent).
And an impressive 117 students, nearly two-thirds of the year group, achieved three or more A*-A grades (or Pre U equivalent).
In art, biology, history, religious studies, music, further maths and physics, more than half the Perse students sitting A levels/Pre U achieved an A* or equivalent grade.
Head Ed Elliott commented: “I congratulate the Upper Sixth on the results they have achieved which are the product of dedicated study and excellent teaching.
“The A* rate obtained by Perse students (48.5 per cent) is more than six times the 2018 national figure (8%) and has meant that most Perse students have met their university offers.”
- In 2019, 79% of entries were awarded an A* or A grade (or the Pre U equivalent).
- Nearly half of all Perse A level results were graded at A* (48.5%).
- In total, 179 students secured 590 A level or Pre U exam passes.
- 117 students (65% of the year group) received three or more A*/A (or equivalent) grades, and .
- 55 students (31%) achieved three or more A* (or equivalent) passes.
- 36 students attained A* (or equivalent) in all of the A level/Pre U exams they took.
- 162 pupils (90.5%) achieved at least one A*/A (or equivalent).
- More than 60% of Perse students achieved an A* (or equivalent) in further maths and physics, while more than 50% of students received an A* (or equivalent) in art, biology, history, religious studies and music.
- 97% of entries were graded A*-C (or equivalent).
More by this authorGemma Gardner
This website and its associated newspaper are members of the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO)