Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust: ’We cannot commit to specific timeline for primary schools reopening’
Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust has said it is working towards the reopening of its primary schools after June 1, but cannot commit to a specific timeline yet.
The trust oversees five primary schools in the region - Bar Hill Primary School, Lantern Primary School in Ely, Downham Feoffees Primary Academy in Little Downham, near Ely, Sawtry Junior Academy and West Town Primary Academy in Peterborough.
Across the county, school staff are working on different models of the phased reopening of primary schools from June 1, which forms part of the government’s step two of the easing of lockdown restrictions.
Mark Woods, chief executive officer of Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust (CMAT), said: “As a trust, we are continuing to closely follow the guidance being provided by the government in relation to the reopening of schools.
“We are working hard to be prepared to welcome more students back to our schools after June 1, in line with the government’s plan. However, we are not in a position to determine any specific timelines at this point.
“CMAT exists to provide, support, and champion high-quality education at the heart of local communities. The safety of our pupils, their families and our staff members remains our number one priority during this process. All these groups will be fully consulted and informed throughout, alongside the trust’s other key stakeholders.
“We are also preparing and planning our risk mitigation and control measures to ensure that we follow all available guidance. This is being carried out in a measured and carefully managed process to allow us to monitor and adapt as required.
“We are thankful to have wonderful colleagues who are committed to the vision of our trust to enable all pupils and staff to flourish during what is an unparalleled period in education.
“It is our intention to welcome children back into school from other specified year groups as and when it becomes safe to do so.
“While we are undertaking this work behind the scenes, our schools remain open to provide childcare for the children of key workers and our most vulnerable students.
“We are also providing a full programme of online and remote learning for pupils and families to work on from home while maintaining close contact with families and staff to ensure their safety and wellbeing.
“The reopening of all of our schools is fully reliant on satisfying the government’s five key tests for easing restrictions and on any further announcements made by the government.”
Full list of CMAT schools:
- Bishop Laney Sixth Form, Ely
- Ely College, Ely
- Downham Feoffees Primary Academy, Little Downham, near Ely (PRIMARY)
- Lantern Primary School, Ely (PRIMARY)
- Martin Bacon Academy (SEN), Northstowe, near Cambridge
- Northstowe Secondary College, Northstowe, near Cambridge
- North Cambridge Academy, near Cambridge
- Swavesey Village College, Swavesey, near Cambridge
- Bar Hill Primary School, Bar Hill, near Cambridge (PRIMARY)
- Nene Park Academy, Peterborough
- West Town Primary Academy, Peterborough (PRIMARY)
- Sawtry Village Academy, Sawtry, near Peterborough
- Sawtry Junior Academy, Sawtry, near Peterborough (PRIMARY)
- Stamford Welland Academy, Stamford, Lincolnshire
- The Ferrers School, Higham Ferrers,Northamptonshire
More by this authorMark Taylor