Cambridgeshire’s key workers can win one of 50 two-night breaks
Nearly every Thursday during the lockdown, the nation clapped for our key workers.
Whether they were on the frontline at a hospital caring for Covid-19 patients, helping make sure the supermarket shelves were filled or collecting our bins, the country found a new level of respect and gratitude for the workers who keep society ticking over.
And that gratitude is not over yet as the Cambridge Independent has teamed up with Britain’s biggest independent hotel group and golf resort operator, Q Hotels Group, to offer a free two-night stay to 50 frontline workers.
In total Q Hotels is giving away 1,000 nights and breakfasts across its portfolio of 20 hotels.
The free nights can be won by frontline workers - from healthcare staff to delivery drivers, supermarket workers to police officers - who can take their partners, as a thank you for their help and support during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The public can nominate deserving people for the treat, which can be redeemed at any time at most Q Hotels Group until spring 2021.
The scheme is part of the group’s Great British Breakaway Campaign in celebration of the reopening of all hotels on Saturday, July 4.
Richard Moore, chief executive of Q Hotels Group, said: “We are opening up all hotels on July 4 and in celebration of a return to life for our wonderful properties, we wanted to share the delight of a breakaway with the heroes of this terrible crisis.
“We are asking for the public to share stories of people they have encountered who showed courage and bravery on the front line and who have served us all so admirably over these months.
“We are hoping that some as yet untold stories will come to light of people who have supported their local communities by being there, caring and giving unselfishly of their time and skills.”
Paul Brackley, editor of the Cambridge Independent, said: “We are delighted to support the Q Hotels Group’s initiative – key workers deserve a treat for their ongoing work in exceptional circumstances.
“So please get nominating – there are so many deserving frontline workers in theCambridge region and we’re looking forward to hearing their stories.”
The group’s hotels, which include the Cambridge Belfry as well as venues in Leeds, Cheshire, Hampshire and Stratford-upon-Avon, have undergone a huge operational re-shape under a Safe and Clean Kitemark to ensure guests will be protected whilst enjoying a break from home, in four and five star hotels in the country.
The selected key workers will be able to choose from country house hotels, city hotels, urban hotels with great leisure and sporting facilities as well as ‘away from it all’ ex-manor houses, with expansive grounds on the edge of renowned beauty spots.
The Q Hotels Group is part of Almarose Hotel & Resorts. Find out more at almarosehotels.com.
How to enter
To enter simply tell us, in less than 300 words, why a frontline worker should win one of the breaks. We will need details about them, where they work and what they have been doing during the pandemic as well as a telephone number or email address. Email your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org, putting ‘Hotel break’ in the subject line.
- Ashford International Hotel - ashfordhotel.co.uk
- Belton Woods – beltonwoods.co.uk
- Crewe Hall - crewehallcheshire.co.uk
- Chesford Grange – chesfordgrange.com
- Delta by Marriott Nottingham Belfry - thenottinghambelfry.co.uk
- Delta by Marriott Cheltenham Chase - thecheltenhamchase.co.uk
- DoubleTree By Hilton Forest Pines Golf & Spa Resort - forestpineshotel.co.uk
- DoubleTree by Hilton Cambridge Belfry - thecambridgebelfry.co.uk
- DoubleTree by Hilton Oxford Belfry - theoxfordbelfry.co.uk
- DoubleTree by Hilton Stratford - thestratford-hotel.co.uk
- Dunston Hall - dunstonhallhotel.co.uk
- Norton Park - nortonparkhotel.com
- Oulton Hall – oultonhallhotel.co.uk
- Slaley Hall - slaleyhallhotel.com
- Stratford Manor - stratfordmanor.co.uk
- Telford Hotel & Golf Resort - telfordhotelgolfresort.co.uk
- Hampshire Court - thehampshirecourthotel.co.uk
- The Park Royal - theparkroyal.co.uk
- The Queens - thequeensleeds.co.uk
Read moreCambridgeCompetitions and QuizzesCoronavirusHuman InterestLifestyleSouth CambridgeshireTravel
More by this authorAndy Veale
This website and its associated newspaper are members of the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO)