All the dates Covid-19 vaccine vehicle will offer walk-in vaccinations in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
A roving vaccination vehicle funded by St John Ambulance will be offering Covid-19 vaccinations across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough over the coming fortnight.
It will help to drive up vaccination rates and will operate in addition to daily walk-in clinics and the centres offering booked appointments.
The vaccination vehicle will offer first or second doses of the Pfizer jab at the locations and times listed below.
Matthew Winn, chief executive of Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust, said: “St John Ambulance has generously loaned us a mobile treatment centre vehicle and we’ll be using it to visit specially chosen sites across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough where vaccine uptake has been lower than average.
“Millions of people are now benefiting from protection from the virus and all NHS Covid vaccines are highly effective against the Delta strain and other forms of the virus circulating in the UK. A recent study showed they have reduced hospital attendance by 94 per cent.
“Our roving vehicle provides an additional opportunity for even more people to access their first or second Pfizer vaccination easily and conveniently. ”
The appointments are available to anyone above the age of 18. Second doses are available if you had the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine eight or more weeks earlier, unless there is a clinical reason for providing this earlier such as prior to immunisation treatment or transplant.
If you have it, take your NHS number to help the vaccination team book you in quickly. But if you don’t have an NHS number or are not registered with a GP / local doctor, you can still get vaccinated. In fact, you do not need to take ID and you do not need to give your full name or address to get a jab.
It does not matter whether you are a UK citizen or what your immigration status is, how long you have been here or how long you expect to stay.
It is a good idea to stay hydrated and have something to eat before your vaccination and to bring some bottled water with you.
Sites and times to get your first or second Pfizer jab
The vaccination vehicle will be parked at:
- Friday July 23: Gladstone Park Community Centre, 927 Bourges Boulevard, Peterborough; 4pm-7pm
- Saturday July 24: Rivergate Lower Bridge Street (between Sue Ryder and the magistrates’ court), Peterborough PE1 1EH; 10am-4pm
- Monday July 26: Arbury Court Shopping Precinct, Arbury Road, Cambridge CB4 2JQ; 1pm-7pm
- Friday July 30: Gladstone Park Community Centre, 927 Bourges Boulevard, Peterborough; 4pm-7pm
- Saturday July 31: Rivergate Lower Bridge Street (between Sue Ryder and the magistrates’ court), Peterborough PE1 1EH; 10 am-4 pm
- Monday August 2: Arbury Court Shopping Precinct, Arbury Road, Cambridge CB4 2JQ; 1pm-7pm
- Tuesday August 3: Cambourne The Hub, High Street; 1pm to 7pm
- Wednesday August 4: Rivergate Lower Bridge Street (between Sue Ryder and the magistrates’ court), Peterborough PE1 1EH; 1pm - 7pm
- Friday August 6: Gladstone Park Community Centre, 927 Bourges Boulevard, Peterborough; 4pm-7pm
If the vaccination vehicle is not visiting your community, you can visit one of the many walk-in clinics running daily. You can see a full list here.
Alternatively, you can book an appointment via 119 or the NHS website.