All the road closures during Sunday's Cambridge Half Marathon
Route through city centre means a number of roads will be closed
The seventh annual Saucony Cambridge Half Marathon takes place on Sunday (March 4), in spite of the snow and freezing conditions.
Organisers have confirmed that the half marathon will go ahead as planned. The run will raise money for Cancer Research UK.
The following road closures will be in place on Sunday.
• Victoria Avenue – fully closed 4am-4pm;
• Maids Causeway/Newmarket Road – fully closed 9.15-10am; westbound reopens at 10am but eastbound side remains closed until 1pm.
• Elizabeth Way – bus lane closed between Newmarket and Chesterton Road, 6am-1pm;
• Chesterton Road – closed westbound, 6am-1pm;
• Magdalene Street/Bridge Street – fully closed 6am-1pm;
• Sidney Street/Market Hill/King’s Parade – fully closed 4am-11am;
• Trumpington Street – fully closed 8.30am-12.30pm;
• Trumpington Road – closed southbound 8am-12pm.
• Church Lane/Grantchester Road/Mill Way/High Street/Coton Road – fully closed 9-11.30am;
• Barton Road – closed westbound 6am to 1pm.
• The Fen Causeway – fully closed between Newnham Road and Trumpington Road, 6am to 1pm;
• Silver Street – fully closed between Trumpington Road and Queen’s Road, 6am to 1pm;
• Newnham Road/Queen’s Road – closed southbound between The Fen Causeway and Garret Hostel Lane, 6am to 1pm;
• Garret Hostel Lane/Trinity Lane/Trinity Street/St John’s Street – fully closed between Queen’s Road and Round Church, 4am-3pm.