Battle of Britain Air Show at IWM Duxford: The flying list, flight times and Covid safety measures
It’s the second day of the Battle of Britain Air Show at the Imperial War Museum in Duxford and flight fans are in for another treat.
From Spitfires to historic helicopters, there is a feast of action coming up this afternoon.
Below we cover the flight list and key moments, plus the Covid safety measures in place at the show.
Here’s a list of the teams and aircraft due to be on display at the show
- RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight
- Bremont Great Warbird Display Team
- Raven Display Team
- de Havilland Beaver AL Mk1 (Historic Army Aircraft Flight)
- Auster Mk9 (Historic Army Aircraft Flight)
- Agusta Bell Sioux AH Mk1 (Historic Army Aircraft Flight)
- Westland Scout AH Mk1 (Historic Army Aircraft Flight)
- Westland Whirlwind HAR.10
- Westland Wessex HU5
- Westland Seaking
- Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress 'Sally B'
- Consolidated PBY-5A Catalina
- Goodyear Corsair FG-1D
- Grumman F8F-2P Bearcat
- Curtiss P-40F Warhawk
- Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IX PT879
- Supermarine Spitfire PR Mk.XI PL983
- Supermarine Spitfire T9 PV202
- Supermarine Spitfire T9 NH341
- Supermarine Spitfire T9 PT462
- Supermarine Spitfire Mk.VIII MV154
- Supermarine Spitfire Mk.XVI TD248
- Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Ia N3200
- Supermarine Spitfire Mk.XIV MV293
- Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Vc EE602
- Supermarine Spitfire T9 ML407
- Supermarine Spitfire LF Mk.Vc JG891
- Supermarine Spitfire LF Mk.Vb BM597
- Supermarine Spitfire LF Mk.Vc AR501
- Hispano Buchon HA-1112 G-AWHK
- Hispano Buchon HA-1112 G-AWHH
- Hispano Buchon HA-1112 G-AWHC
- North American P-51D Mustang 'Miss Helen'
- North American TF-51D Mustang 'Contrary Mary'
- Republic P-47D Thunderbolt
- Hawker Hurricane Mk.I R4118
- Hawker Hurricane Mk.I P2902
- Hawker Hurricane Mk.I P3717
- Hawker Hurricane Mk.I V7497
The timing and order of flights is always subject to change on the day. But here are some of the key moments scheduled for the day:
- 1pm Spitfire opening
- 1.30pm RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight
- 2.30pm Airfield Attack (Pyros)
- 3.35pm Historic helicopters
- 4.30pm Great War Display Team (Pyros)
- 4.55pm Spitfire finale
- 5.25pm NHS Spitfire
Covid safety measures
All ticket holders aged 18 and over must demonstrate their Covid-19 status in order to gain entry to the site, either by an NHS Covid Pass, via the NHS App or official letter, or by supplying one of the following:
a vaccination record showing proof of two doses of the Moderna, AstraZeneca or Pfizer vaccine, or one dose of the Janssen vaccine - you must have had your second dose at least two weeks before attending
an email or text with a negative PCR test or rapid lateral flow test result received within the past 48 hours.
an email or text with a positive PCR test within the past six months – this is obtainable after you've finished self-isolating and up to 180 days after taking the test
Face coverings should be worn indoors and in congested areas.
All ticket holders aged 16 and over will be encouraged to scan in via the NHS Test and Trace app or provide their contact details on arrival.
IWM Duxford has confirmed there will be no Family Experience, Grandstand or Gold Experience.
Anyone feeling unwell before the show is urged not to attend.
Look out for our picture special in the Cambridge Independent, out from Wednesday.