Bin store with 10 wheelie bins goes up in flames in Cambridge
A bin store with about 10 large wheelie bins went up in flames in Cambridge on Sunday evening.
Crews from the city were called to Pychard Road in Trumpington at 7.03pm on Sunday, where they found the bin store alight.
It is thought the fire started because sparklers that were still hot had been placed in a recycling bin.
They used breathing apparatus, a hose reel and jet to extinguish the fire and cleared the smoke using a positive pressure ventilation fan, before returning to their station by 8.30pm.
The service confirmed that the fire was accidental.
Resident John Cartwright said the neighbourhood was very grateful for the swift action of the firefighters.