Cambridge Festive Fayre packed with offers and free samples
Up to 30% off in shops plus free goodie bags, chocolates, Champagne, mulled wine and more
The historic core of Cambridge city centre is hosting a Festive Fayre this evening (Wednesday December 6), packed with offers from shops, free samples, entertainement and refreshments.
Stores throughout Bridge Street, Trinity Street, Green Street, Rose Crescent, All Saints Garden, Peas Hill, Bene’t Street, King’s Parade, Bridge Street and St Mary’s Passage are taking part in the fayre.
Look out for roast chestnuts, mince pies, mulled wine, chocolates, Champagne and more as you browse the shops for a festive bargain.
Many stalls in Market Square – including some serving hot food – will take part in the annual event for the first time, along with traders at the All Saints Craft Market on Trinity Street. A screen in the market square will highlight deals and promotions, as will a DJ at the Round Church.
Santa will arrive on a Rutherford’s punt at around 6.15pm.
Catherine Jones Jewellery, in Bridge Street, has sourced a 3.19ct Botswana diamond, like the one given to Meghan Markle by Prince Harry on her engagement ring, which will be on show - and on sale - tonight.
The historic choir of Great St Mary’s will perform outside the church from 6.45-7.15pm, while the St Bene’t’s Singers will perform from 5.15-5.45pm outside St Bene’t’s Church and from 6-6.30pm on the corner of Peas Hill and Bene’t Street.
Ian Sandison, chairman of Cambridge BID, said: “Festive Fayre is the perfect event to really get you in the Christmas mood as you sample the very best that Cambridge retailers have to offer within the picturesque Old Quarter.”
Anne Bannell, owner of Jacks On Trinity and one of the organisers, added: “This year’s Festive Fayre is set to be bigger and better than last year. It’s great that Market Square will be staying open with us and that there are more shops offering special promotions and refreshments as well as festive fun and entertainment. It’ll be a lovely evening for all, and just what you need to get that Christmas shopping sorted!”
Some of the discounts, offers and free samples available at Cambridge’s Festive Fayre
• 30% off all day at 19:10 Clothing in Bridge Street
• 25% off (plus mulled wine & festive cakes) at Cambridge University Press Bookshop, Trinity Street.
• 25% off Orla Kiely jewellery and a free Christmas tree decoration with any eternity ring (plus Champagne and mince pies) at Catherine Jones, Bridge Street.
• 20% off (and free personalisation) at Cambridge Satchel Company, St Mary’s Passage.
• 20% off at Danish contemporary fashion brand, Noa Noa, King’s Parade.
• 10% off (plus mulled cider) at Brora, Trinity Street.
• 10% off (and refreshments) at Anthony menswear, Trinity Street.
• 10% off dress jewellery (plus mulled wine and mince pies) at Harriet Kelsall, Green Street.
• 10% off (and Molten Chocolate shots) at Bellinas Chocolat House, Bridge Street.
• 10% off at Jacks On Trinity, Trinity Street.
• 10% off (for students) at Origins, Rose Crescent.
• 10% off and Christmas chocolates at Petrus Fashions
• 10-15% off from 3-8pm at Crepe Affair
• Extra discounts at Savoy Tailor’s Guild, St John’s Street
• Vouchers and free gifts at Stilo Hair and Beauty, St John’s Street
• Goodie bags with every purchase at Molton Brown, Rose Cresecent – and there will also be a calligrapher in-store to personalise gifts on the night.
• Complimentary hand massages, mince pies and prosecco at Crabtree & Evelyn, Rose Crescent.
• Chocolate tasting and hand massages at Neal’s Yard Remedies.
• Gingerbread decorating (for kids), knife chopping demonstrations and Fondue demonstrations at Steamer Trader.
• Free eco-friendly Bear tote bags to anyone who mentions “Bear Hug” when making a purchase at Podarok, Bene’t Street - plus mulled cider, mince pies and Christmas spice biscuits.
• Free sample tastings outside La Raza, Rose Crescent.
• Chocolate samples at Hardy’s Sweet Shop
• Cake samples at Patisserie Valerie
• Champagne and nibbles at Artique
• Samples all day at Ringevital
• Extra discounts at Mountain Warehouse
• Free shots of molten chocolate and chocolate samples at Bellina Belgian chocolates
• Mince pies and mulled wine at 18:15 Union bar in Round Church Street
• Discounts on hair products at Toni & Guy in Round Church Street
• Light projections at Bould Brothers in Round Church Street
• Carols at the Round Church