Cambridge Grand Arcade shopping centre to reopen
Cambridge’s Grand Arcade shopping centre will reopen its doors to customers on Monday (June 15).
Government restrictions on non-essential retail outlets, put in place to reduce the transmission of the coronavirus, are being relaxed from next week. It means the Grand Arcade can reopen from 9am on Monday, with social distancing measures in place.
A spokesperson for the Grand Arcade said: “Many of our stores are reopening and some of our cafes and restaurants are offering takeaways, click and collect or delivery services.
“In light of the current situation with Covid-19, we are continually monitoring the guidelines and advice provided by the UK Government and Public Health England, and are doing everything we can to make your next visit as safe and comfortable as possible.
“The health of our visitors, retailers and centre team is always our primary focus so you will notice extra measures in place when you next visit. We have carefully reviewed every step of our visitors’ journey in the centre to implement the highest standards of safety possible.”
Social distancing measures planned for the Grand Arcade
The following will be in place from Monday:
- Initially, managers will control entries to the centre from St Andrew’s Street, Fisher Square and Lion Yard to allow for the recommended two metres distancing between visitors.
- Access to the centre from the car park will only be possible fromNorthside ground floor – by Carluccio’s and Topshop – using the stairwells or lifts, where they have implemented social distancing measures and a queuing system. Disabled access will remain unchanged from the Southside entrance.
- The cycle park on lower ground will remain open as usual, with access to the centre via the stairwells or lifts.
- isitors will be asked to follow a one-way system guidance throughout all levels of the centre. Safe queuing lanes will be available in front of each store, and retailers are planning appropriate social distancing measures in their shops.
- Staff at the shopping centre have all been provided with suitable PPE such as masks and gloves to help them carry out their roles safely and there will be regular cleaning of key touchpoints throughout the day.
Temporary opening hours
The Grand Arcade’s retail opening hours will temporarily be 9am-6pm, Monday to Saturday, and 10am-4pm on Sunday until further notice.
Its walkways will be open from 7.30am to 6.30pm Monday to Saturday, and 9.30am to 5pm on Sunday.
The car park remains open, Monday to Sunday, 24 hours a day.
A spokesperson added: “All our retailers are mobilised to reopen as soon as possible but some of them will remain closed in June. We recommend our visitors to always check our website www.grandarcade.co.uk/stores, or to check with retailers directly, prior to their visit to avoid disappointment.”
For more information, visit www.grandarcade.co.uk/visit-us.
More by this authorAlex Spencer
This website and its associated newspaper are members of the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO)