City Deal to set out plans for four key Cambridge infrastructure projects in July
Milton Road upgrades, city cycle paths, the Cambourne to Cambridge busway and city congestion-busting measures will move forward.
Timings for the City Deal’s Joint Assembly and Executive Board meetings to be held in July have now been confirmed.
Interim chief executive Rachel Stopard has confirmed that in light of the General Election on June 8 the City Deal has agreed to consolidate its June and July meetings.
She said: “In moving June business to July, both meetings now have extended agendas. To best manage time whilst ensuring all items receive the scrutiny they deserve, we have agreed to hold each meeting in two halves – the first half covering the June agenda, the second the planned July items.
“We also felt that holding the meetings alternately, one in Cambourne and one in Cambridge, was the fairest solution given the significant items impact on residents across the Greater Cambridge area.”
As a result of the significant agenda, both Assembly and Board meetings in July will be extended and heard in two parts as follows:
• Joint Assembly, Wednesday 19 July
The Council Chamber, South Cambridgeshire Hall, Cambourne.
13:00 – 15:30 June items
16:00 – 18:30 July items
• Executive Board, Wednesday 26 July
10:00 – 13:00 June items
14:00 – 17:00 July items
Detailed meeting agendas have yet to be finalised, however it is confirmed that the first half of each meeting will consider the following substantive items:
• Milton Road, bus, cycling and walking improvements: To consider the outcomes from workshops and next steps.
• Cross City Cycling: Determination of Traffic Regulation Orders and scheme update.
The second half will include the following items:
• Cambourne to Cambridge, better bus journeys: To consider detailed work undertaken since Board decisions in October and November and a revised update of the programme.
• City Access: Update on the latest work on the City Access scheme, including County Council Parking Strategy update.
For further details please visit www.gccitydeal.co.uk