Home   News   Article

Firefighters called to Cambridge John Lewis


By Ben Comber


Firefighter jackets waiting for the next deployment.
Firefighter jackets waiting for the next deployment.

An electrical fire was sparked in the middle of the night.

Crews were called at 12.17am this morning to an automatic fire alarm coming from the Clarins Day Spa next to John Lewis in Cambridge.

On arrival it was discovered this was a fire. Although the fire was contained to a room within the day spa, a sprinkler head had activated in the John Lewis store.

While some firefighters dealt with the fire, others began a salvage operation to remove stock from the basement of John Lewis to prevent it from being damaged by water.

Three crews - two from Cambridge and one from Cottenham - dealt with the incident using hose reels and a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear smoke.

The fire was accidental, caused by an electrical fault. Crews had all returned to their stations by 4.50am.



COMMENTS
()


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More