Home   News   Article

Firefighters tackle chip pan fire at Cambridge flat


By Gemma Gardner


Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue

Firefighters tackled a chip pan fire at a flat in Cambridge last night (Wednesday, November 7).

Two crews from Cambridge were called to the flat on Milton Road shortly before 10pm.

They found a chip pan on fire in the kitchen of the property.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a CO2 extinguisher, hose reel and jet to the blaze out.

They then used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the smoke.

Crews returned to their station by 11.05pm. The cause of the fire was accidental.

Firefighters also tackled a fire in a bin chute at a property on Cockerell Road, Cambridge, at 7.02pm.

They used one hose reel to extinguish the fire before returning to their station by 7.45pm.



COMMENTS
()


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More