GCSE results 2019: Cottenham Academy Trust
Cottenham Academy Trust is celebrating another outstanding set of GCSE results and improved on last year’s success.
Principal Helen Cassady said: “The students have been very successful and we are all very proud of them.
“The academy continues to grow in strength and we have made significant increases in our 7-9s. They were 29 per cent last year and are now 35 per cent. So everyone should be very proud of the achievements.”
Amelia Parker, head of English, was delighted with the work of the students who have, like everyone, faced rigorous changes to the exams.
She said: “The students have worked really and done really well in these rigorous GCSEs, we are very proud of them, the community, parents and staff.”
Their results included:
- 70 per cent for 5 GCSEs 4-9 including English and maths
- 75 per cent maths grades 9-4
- 79 per cent English grades 9-4
- 38 per cent maths grades 9-7
- 41 per cent English grades 9-7
Students did particularly well in biology, chemistry, physics, Spanish and music where 100 per cent of pupils achieved grade 5 and above and 100 per cent of students who took dance and German achieved grade 4 and above.
There were also:
- 92 per cent French grades 5-9
- 94 per cent computer science grades 9-4
- 95 per cent art grades 9-4