GCSE results 2019: Impington Village College
Students and staff at Impington Village College are celebrating another year of fantastic GCSE results.
For the second year running, 15 per cent of all grades achieved were at grade 9 and 14 per cent of all students achieved eight or more grade 8-9 GCSEs.
Some 42 per cent of all grades were at 7 or above, with 30 per cent achieving at least grade 7s in both English and maths.
At least 81 per cent of students achieved at least a grade 4 in both English and maths and all students, including those following entry level courses alongside their GCSEs, achieved at least two GCSE qualifications, including English.
Some individual subject successes include:
- More than 40 per cent of all grades in separate sciences were grade 9
- 87 per cent of students achieved a 4+ in English
- 83 per cent of students achieved a 4+ in maths
- In languages, 25 per cent of all grades were at 7+ in German, 47 per cent at 7+ in Spanish, 54 per cent at 7+ in French and 100 per cent at 7+ in Latin
- In the arts, 80 per cent of students achieved a 4+, with half achieving at least a grade 7.
College principal Ryan Kelsall said: “We are once again incredibly proud of all our students, who have achieved their very best regardless of their starting points.
“We remain committed to delivering outstanding outcomes for all our students, whether this is successful completion of entry level courses and a handful of GCSEs, or achieving several grade 9s. The success across all subject areas is testament to our continued commitment to a broad and balanced curriculum."
More by this authorAdrian Curtis