GCSE results day 2023: Trumpington Community College, Cambridge
A stellar set of GCSE results was achieved by students at Trumpington Community College in Cambridge.
Almost four-fifths (79 per cent) of students achieved a grade 4 or above in both English and mathematics, with 67 per cent of students achieving the higher grade 5 or above in the two subjects. Around one-third of students (32 per cent) achieved a grade 7 or above in English and mathematics.
Principal Matt Oughton said: “Very well done to all our Year 11 students on what really is an outstanding set of GCSE results for our school. We are so proud of what our students have achieved today and the commitment they have shown to their GCSE studies.
“The past few years have been a challenge for young people across the country, however our students have surpassed every obstacle they have faced to achieve such excellent grades today. Thank you in particular to staff across Trumpington, as well as all parents and carers, who have supported our students in reaching their goals.”
Among those students celebrating exceptional successes this morning are:
- Penny, who achieved eleven grade 9s after completing qualifications in triple science and additional mathematics;
- Thomas, who achieved seven grade 9s, three grade 8s and one grade 6;
- Linett, who achieved eight grade 9s, two grade 8s and one grade 7;
- Sarah, who achieved nine grade 9s and two grade 8s;
- Rehan, who achieved five grade 9s, four grade 8s and two grade 7s.
With these results under their belts, many of the school’s Year 11 students will take up places at their first choice of sixth forms across Cambridge.
Commenting on the support they have received from the school, Linett said: “Thank you to all of my teachers for supporting me in getting here today.”