Home   News   Article

Lucky escape for man and baby after kitchen fire in South Cambs


By Adrian Curtis


Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue

Baby's plastic feeding tray left on hot hob

A man and baby had a lucky escape after leaving a plastic feeding tray on a hot hob.

A crew from Cambridge was called to a kitchen fire in Button End and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel and a positive pressure ventiliation fan to extinguish the smoke and clear it from the kitchen and dining room areas of the house.

Crew Commander Scott Newbon said:"A dad had been feeding his baby and in the rush to leave had left the hob on and the plastic feeding tray from the child's seat on top. He was extremely lucky it wasn't more serious."

He added that the fire had caused smoke damage to the kitchen and dining room but had not spread to the rest of the house as the man had shut the doors when leaving.



COMMENTS
()


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More