Man dies in Hardwick house fire
A man has died following a house fire in Hardwick on Sunday (April 7).
Crews from Cambridge, Cottenham and Papworth were called to Bramley Way at 4.54pm.
Firefighters arrived to find a fire on the first floor of a house. Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using hose reels and cleared the smoke using a positive pressure ventilation fan.
A male casualty was rescued from the property and was given emergency first aid by crews, but sadly died at the scene.
The crews returned to their stations by 8.20pm.
The cause of the fire was accidental.