Performers at Audley End injured in pyrotechnic display
Two performers were taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital following an incident during one of the pyrotechnic displays at Audley End wartime weekend.
The incident happened on Monday (August 28) in the arena area of the event.
The ambulance service were called and the performers were taken to hospital. Two other event performers, who were suffering from shock, were also taken to hospital but were later discharged.
The English Heritage WWII weekend at the mansion house in Saffron Walden, gives visitors the chance to learn about the lifestyle of the Homefront and harsh reality of the battlefield.
All the events at Audley End are subject to risk assessment and safety controls are in place – a full review into this incident is now under way.
Jamie Osborne, General Manager at Audley End House, said: “Our thoughts are with those injured today and I’d like to thank the ambulance services for all their help. With all of our events but especially an event of this nature, we have strict safety controls in place but clearly something went wrong and we are investigating what happened.”