Home   News   Article

Two new arrests in Cambridge murder investigation

By Gemma Gardner

Peter Anderson who died after being stabbed on July 25
Peter Anderson who died after being stabbed on July 25

A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder in connection with the death of Peter Anderson in Cambridge.

Police said that today (Wednesday), a 17-year-old man from London was arrested in the city and has been taken into custody at Parkside Police Station.

A 33-year-old man, from the Cambridge area, was also arrested this afternoon on suspicion of assisting an offender and being concerned in the supply of drugs.

Mr Anderson, 46, died from stab wounds after being attacked on Stourbridge Common at about 4.15pm on Wednesday, July 25.

Detectives investigating the murder were have also been appealing for the teenagers who first raised the alarm to come forward.

Today marks a week since Mr Anderson, of Heath House, was stabbed but police believe that people with potentially crucial information have still not come forward.

Detective Chief Inspector Mike Branston said he was particularly keen to speak to a small group of teenagers who attempted to save Mr Anderson’s life by alerting others on the common that he was injured.

It is known that a young man was cycling past at the time and could also have vital information.

“I would urge anyone who was in the area at the time, particularly those young people who tried to help Mr Anderson, to come forward. He and his loved ones deserve justice but we need the public’s assistance to bring his attacker to justice,” he said.

A statement from Mr Anderson’s partner read: “Peter, aka Blue, was loved by many and will be greatly missed. I and Peter’s other loved ones would now like time to grieve in private.”

A post mortem examination carried out at Peterborough City Hospital concluded that Mr Anderson died of stab wounds.

Detectives from the Bed, Cambs and Herts major crime unit will be on Stourbridge Common between 3pm and 5pm today handing out leaflets and attempting to get further information from the public.

DCI Branston added: “Detectives will be out and about during that period of time when, seven days ago, people may have seen something that could provide the key to this investigation.”

He said last week: “A man has been brutally murdered and we are committed to bringing whoever attacked him to justice.”

Anyone with information can call police on 101 quoting incident number 339 of July 25 or visit mipp.police.uk/operation/554.

Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.


Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More