Home   News   Article

Two treated for smoke inhalation after house fire in Cambridge


By Gemma Gardner


Two people were treated for smoke inhalation following a fire at a house in Ditton Fields in Cambridge.

Two treated for smoke inhalation after house fire in Cambridge (9023473)
Two treated for smoke inhalation after house fire in Cambridge (9023473)

Firefighters from Cambridge were called shortly after 2.30pm on Sunday (April 21) to reports of a house fire.

Crews arrived to find a fire in the kitchen of the house, coming from the cooker. Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used a CO2 extinguisher to put out the fire.

Everyone in the house at the time of the fire was accounted for.

Firefighters administered first aid to two casualties suffering from smoke inhalation.

The two crews returned to their stations by 3.30pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental.



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More