From vintage vehicles to supercars, Sunday's family-friendly Motor Show EAST has it all
A celebration of everything automotive drives into the Rowley Mile Racecourse at Newmarket on Sunday (June 30) as Motor Show EAST returns for its second year.
The family-friendly event from 10.30am-4.30pm, which will feature plenty of activities for children, will showcase new cars, vintage and classic cars, motorbikes, alternative fuel vehicles, supercars, automotive accessories and services.
Last year’s inaugural event welcomed more than 3,000 visitors who enjoyed displays from car and motorbike manufacturers, specialist suppliers and classic car clubs.
The show is expected to be double the size of last year with more than 300 vehicles already signed up to attend.
This year even more motor dealers are taking part.
Attending the show will be:
- Independently-owned Stratton Motor Company, from Long Stratton in Norfolk, will be bringing five Lotus models. On the day, you’ll have the chance to win a Lotus driving experience and a behind the scenes look at how the British sports car is hand built.
- Cambridge-based Barons is attending with Mercedes, BMW and Mini. The new BMW 3 series will be on display and a demonstration will take place during the event.
- John Banks, which has recently updated its Cambridge showroom, is joining the show with 20 vehicles from Renault and Dacia.
- Rawlinsons of Bury St Edmunds will be attending for the second year running with three models of Mitsubishi.
- Tesla, which has a showroom in the Grand Arcade, Cambridge, is joining the event with two or three of its electric models and will be showcasing the ‘Dancing Tesla’ throughout the day.
- Steven Eagell Cambridge is a first-time attendee and will have a display of 10 models across its Lexus and Toyota ranges.
- EMG Cambridge, which last year had the largest number of vehicles, will once again be attending with 20 cars from Kia and Mazda.
- Glyn Hopkin, Cambridge are exhibiting with the largest number of franchises - 16 cars from Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Suzuki, Jeep and Nissan will be on display.
- Returning for a second year, Crown Garage, Soham, is back with five different models of Honda.
- Attending for the second year following a successful first year event, Buckhingham and Stanley, Cambridge, is displaying 10 cars from its MG and Subaru range.
- Octopus EV is participating for the first time this year. Based in London, the firm leases electric cars making it easier for anyone to go electric. A range of electric vehicles will be on display to try to tempt you into the electric market.
- Marshall Ford is exhibiting at Motor Show East for the first time, bringing 20 vehicles, including the fantastic Ford Mustang, to the event.
- Manchetts, Newmarket will be showcasing its Isuzu range as well as a rescue and recovery vehicle, and a rather impressive remote control ‘forklift truck’ for cars and vans.
- New to the show this year, Papworth-based AG Motors are exhibiting some exquisite cars.
A range of other exhibitors will also be attending including in-car installation specialists, CBS Automotive; Greys of Ely coach hire; Andy’s Kars which specialise in mobility vehicles; Indian motorcycle dealer, Freedom Motorcycles; Micks Cycles; and providers of modular storage solutions, Van System.
With more than 100 classic cars already registered to attend, there will be a vehicle to suit everybody’s taste. With some exhibitors displaying models which are the last of their type in the UK and a motorbike nearing 100 years old, a range of very rare and fascinating vehicles will be on show. On the day, a trophy will be presented for the best car in-show which we are sure will be a hot topic of conversation.
Returning to Motor Show East in convoy for the second year running, local car enthusiast club, Torque and Talk, are attending with a number of impressive cars. Expect to see the likes of Audi R8s, Porches and Lotus as well as a number of modified vehicles. If you’re interested in joining the club, find out more about Torque and Talk on the day.
All children’s activities will be free of charge this year meaning that the cost of a ticket is all you need to spend to keep the young ones entertained.
This year the children’s area has been expanded with new, exciting activities for the kids, including face painting, Bouncy castles, bouncy slide, Zorbing, Football dartboard, Nerf wars, football speed trap and much more.
Enjoy a classic car ride
On the day, visitors can enjoy a 20 minute ride in a classic car around the Suffolk countryside courtesy of Wallis and Son. Prices start at just £10 and 100% of the profits will be donated to the Alzheimer’s Society, the UK’s leading dementia support and research charity.
Single tickets are £5 in advance (booking fee applies) or £7.50 on the door. Family tickets (up to two adults and three children) are £15* in advance and £20 on the door.
Visit motorshoweast.com to buy your tickets.
Sponsored by Mattioli Woods
Following the success of Motor Show East 2018, the event will again be sponsored by Mattioli Woods. Based in Newmarket Mattioli woods are one of the Uk’s leading providers of wealth management and employee benefit services. Mattioli will be exhibiting an Aston Martin GT3 race car, the prestige aerodynamic car belongs to driver Graham Davidson’s Jetstream team, which Mattioli Woods also sponsors.