Full programme for Cambridge’s drive-in cinema film festival at Trumpington Park & Ride
A drive-in cinema mini film festival is about to get under way at Trumpington Park & Ride.
Featuring 16 films across eight days, including the August bank holiday, the festival is presented by Cambridge Film Projects, the team behind Movies on the Meadows in Grantchester.
Movies will range from Oscars winners like Joker and Parasite to classics such as 2001: A Space Odyssey and Cinema Paradiso.
The festival gets under way on Thursday (August 20) with Little Women and Mad Max Fury Road (Chrome version) showing on the two screens - and the opening night is close to selling out already.
Film lovers will watch from their cars, in parking bays with full social distancing, and will be provided with a device with which to hear the movie. Tickets are £27.50 per car, while cyclists can also buy tickets for £10.
A range of food stalls, including Cambridge favourites Steak and Honour, Guerrilla Kitchen, Franck, CaféMobile and Eat Like a Greek, will be on offer, and orders can be placed in advance using apps or the caterers’ mobile numbers.
Tony Jones, Cambridge Film Projects director and former director of the Cambridge Film Festival, said: “I’m genuinely excited to be bringing this special event to Cambridge. Drive-in cinema is a unique, exciting event not experienced by many in this country until this summer. It offers the fun of sharing a viewing experience with others but from a safe distance.
“The idea started in lockdown and during that time we had the time to carefully select each of the films to cater to a wide and diverse taste. By using the best production equipment on the market, we hope to host some amazing events that people will love.”
Tickets are now on sale at cambridgedrivein.uk.
Venue: Trumpington Park & Ride, Hauxton Road, Trumpington, Cambridge CB2 9FT (easy access from A10/M11).
Car parking from 6.30pm.
Thursday August 20
- 8.30pm: Little Women (ends 10.45pm)
- 8.45pm: Mad Max Fury Road – Chrome version (ends 10.50pm)
Friday August 21
- 8.30pm: BlackkKlansman (ends 10.45pm)
- 8.45pm: A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood (ends 10.25pm)
Saturday August 22
- 8.30pm: Personal History of David Copperfield (ends 10.30pm)
- 8.45pm: Rocks (ends 10.15pm)
Sunday August 23
- 8.30pm: Portrait of a Lady on Fire (ends 10.30pm)
- 8.40pm: Rocket Man (ends 10.40pm)
Friday August 28
- 8.25pm: Parasite (ends 10.35pm)
- 8.40pm: Selma (ends 10.40pm)
Saturday August 29
- 8.30pm: Joker (ends 10.30pm)
- 8.35pm: Onward (ends 10.15pm)
Sunday August 30
- 8.15pm: Call Me By Your Name (ends 10.30pm)
- 8.30pm: Snowpiercer (ends 10.40pm)
Monday August 31
- 8.30pm: 2001 (ends 10.59pm)
- 8.40pm: Cinema Paradiso (ends 10.45pm)