The Light Cinema in Cambridge unveils reopening plans
The Light Cinema in Cambridge will be reopening on Friday August 21 - and is promising a host of special screenings.
Under government rules, cinema-goers need to wear face coverings. And the cinema, on Cambridge Leisure Park, has also confirmed measures it is taken to ensure it is Covid-secure.
- encouraging guests to book online and accepting cashless payments only
- amended auditoria layouts to ensure space between groups, allowing friends and family to sit together while maintaining a safe distance from others
- regular cleaning of high frequency points and sanitisers in key guest locations
- installing protective screens at till points and wearing face coverings or visors
- managing traffic flows to minimise the level of contact
- providing the option to order concessions, food and drink with your booking
- revised collection points for ordering and offering food delivery to seats
The Light said it is installing clear signage for cinema-goers, while staff will have extra training on the new health and safety measures, which means they will be answer questions where needed.
Film fans will be looking forward to seeing the much-anticipated Tenet, the latest movie from acclaimed director Christopher Nolan, which will show at The Light from August 26. Filmed with IMAX cameras, it will suit the big screen in Cambridge.
The special screenings will also a showing of 10th anniversary screening of Nolan’s Inception.
The Light is promising family favourites too, and a chance to see some classics, including the 40th anniversary of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.
Or, if you prefer, you could try Trolls World Tour.
Popcorn, Ice Blast and pre-bagged pick and mix will be available.
Tickets go on sale from Wednesday August 12 at lightcinemas.co.uk.
James Morris, CEO of The Light, which has 10 cinemas nationwide, said: “We are delighted to be reopening and have been busy preparing our cinemas to give our guests the reassurance they need to be able to relax and enjoy the big screen experience again in a clean and safe environment.
“We know how much guests have been missing the cinema and we’re excited about the scheduled line up which includes the highly anticipated Christopher Nolan blockbuster, Tenet in August as well as Wonder Woman 1984, No Time to Die among others.
“I want to thank everyone for their patience and support, and we look forward to welcoming guests back and to ensuring that they experience the best in cinema.”
Meanwhile Vue, which operates the cinema at The Grafton, has announced a phased reopening of its venues, with 10 reopening on August 7, but Cambridge is not among them.
Cineworld, which runs cinemas in Ely, St Neots and Huntingdon, opened its screens from July 31, with films including Unhinged, starring Russell Crowe.
Sign up for our weekly newsletter for a digest of the latest stories direct to your inbox.