Cllr Pippa Heylings said the area was facing a perfect storm.
Councillors have shown support for changing the Cambridge weighting after Real Living Wage changes.
The site will also feature schools, community facilities, open spaces and allotments.
The outline application to develop the site off Histon Road was approved by South Cambridgeshire District Council’s planning committee.
Mayor Dr Nik Johnson says authority is learning from its mistakes.
Members of Cambridge City Council and South Cambridgeshire District Council approved a reserved matters application for the Eddington Avenue site.
The ‘Sustainable Travel Zone’ charge is proposed for private vehicles driving into, out of, or within the zone between 7am and 7pm on weekdays.
Darryl Preston says there are “far too many fatalities and serious injuries” on the county’s roads.
He admitted he is quite horrified by their use at times.
Darryl Preston said unauthorised encampments can ‘cause a lot of concern’ in communities, but he understood there were two sides of the situation.
A change to plans for a development in South Cambridgeshire to include more homes has been approved.
The Hills Road venue could be redesigned and office space added.
One councillor labelled the plans “a betrayal” of what the venue had originally been built for.
City councillors granted permission, but queried how easy it would be to access.
Officers have recommended that permission be granted as the “significant public benefit” of the sculpture “would outweigh that harm”.
Alan Cox, 46, of Byron Square, Trumpington, Cambridge, had been due to be sentenced at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court yesterday (Thursday, July 28).
The impact of loud fireworks on animals was highlighted at Cambridge City Council’s full council meeting.
Councillors highlighted the problems being faced by many in the city saying they are facing a cost of living emergency.
The new facilities were due to be funded with developer contributions, but these are no longer enough to cover the full costs of the work.
The decision comes after a previous application for the site was refused in December last year.